Keeton CPA provides a wide array of services to both individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. Each client is unique. Because of this, we design each service engagement to meet each client’s specific needs. We form a partnership with each client, and we are dedicated to tailoring our services to meet their needs. The financial and regulatory environment is ever-changing, and we continue to adjust our services accordingly.
Our professional services include:
- Accounting Services
- Audits, Reviews, and Compilation
- Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX)
- Other Services
From start-ups to established enterprises, businesses rely on accurate and insightful financial information in order to maintain profitability and capitalize on new opportunities. Keeton CPA's accounting services steer you closer to these goals with accurate record-keeping and reporting as well as support on financial issues such as initial accounting system setup, cost-containment, tax planning, investments, and employee benefit and profit-sharing plans.
These services include but are not limited to:
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly, quarterly, or annual)
- Sales tax preparation and reports
- Budget planning
- Payroll, tax return and W-2 preparation
- Cash flow budgeting and forecasting
- QuickBooks setup and support
- Onsite employee functions (CFO, Chief Accounting Officer, Controller, Accounts Receivable, Asset/Cash Management)
Controllership is a step above bookkeeping and record keeping. When you need higher level accounting decision-making, consider outsourcing Controller activities.
Accurate record-keeping is essential to a successful business yet can also be complicated and time-consuming. Keeton CPA can help you with the organization and day-to-day tasks of bookkeeping and accounting.
We keep your financial records up-to-date and organized leaving you more time to focus your attention on other crucial aspects of your business.
Audits, Reviews, and Compilation
Keeton CPA provides services for all three levels of attestation engagements for clients in a variety of industries. Whatever level of assurance is requested, we believe your audit experience can be a positive one ultimately improving your business operations based on our findings.
Keeton CPA tailors each attestation engagement based on each client’s needs ensuring efficiency and effectiveness. We apply current standards using a predominantly paperless system. Our staff is highly educated, experienced and well-rounded. We guarantee to bring new insight to your next attestation engagement.
The following attestation services are offered:
- Audits offer the highest level of assurance to third parties and include in-depth examination and confirmation of account balances, inventories and selected transactions.
- Reviews provide limited assurance to outside parties and involve inquiries and analytical procedures that confirm financial statement balances and identify any items requiring further analysis.
- Compilations are usually requested for internal purposes and are based upon information provided by a company's management. They do not offer assurance but may involve some adjustment to accounting records.
Other audit services include:
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal control reviews
- Internal control reviews
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Forecasts and projections
- Financial modeling
- Personal financial statements
At Keeton CPA, we focus on building a partnership with each client that adds long-term value. This includes assuring the solidity of financial records, evaluating financial procedures and working to produce strategies that help our clients face the myriad of challenges of business planning and execution. Our clients benefit from objective analysis to assist in controlling costs, increasing efficiency and implementing new technologies and procedures that take advantage of changes in the marketplace, accounting standards and tax law.
Consulting services include but are not limited to:
- Entity selection and restructuring
- Accounting software selection, implementation, and support
- Financial projections and forecasts
- Cash flow analysis
- Debt and finances advising
- Mergers and acquisitions (accounting and tax)
- Transaction structuring and negotiations
- Business succession planning
- Bankruptcy assistance/business reorganization
- Inventory and cost controls
- Lease vs. buy analysis
- Ratio and trend analysis
- Return on investment analysis
- Strategic planning/business plans
- Profitability enhancement
Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX)
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 has made many changes in the way companies operate. We focus on assisting your Company in complying with the continuing changes needed in doing business under the Act and in the public companies market.
Keeton CPA has the expertise and knowledge to provide your company with all the necessary SOX compliance services.
The following SOX services are offered:
- Establishing a system for success in implementing Sarbanes-Oxley requirements by using our proven methodology.
- Establishing or evaluating your company's internal control system over financial reporting ensuring its compatibility with the COSO framework (as suggested by the PCAOB).
- Establishing proper flags for triggering events needed in reporting disclosures to the SEC.
- Establishing or evaluating your company's Code of Ethics and your adherence to them.
- Developing an accountability model with the process owners for internal control purposes.
- Establishing procedures and controls to add comfort to business managers who are required to certify under Section 302 Corporate Responsibility for Financial Reports and Section 404 Management Assessments of Internal Controls of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Evaluating the design effectiveness using the COSO framework.
- Establishing substantive testing schedules, performing testing and documenting results of testing to conclude on the operating effectiveness of a control environment.
Internal Audit Department
In connection with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act or as a separate function, Keeton CPA can assist your company by acting as your internal audit department.
The following internal audit services are offered:
- Ensuring compliance with company policies in both financial and operational functions.
- Ensuring the safeguard of company assets through audits of significant agreements and contracts.
- Analyzing information technology controls for a safe and secure IT environment.
- Analyzing and establishing appropriate segregation of duties throughout your company.
- Testing and documenting key internal controls related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Testing and documenting significant financial statement balances.
In addition to the above services, Keeton CPA provides various other services.
Professional committees require a vast amount of experience. Allow us to bring our experience and insight to your audit committee or audit disclosure committee. This service is invaluable.
During our years of experience dealing with various taxing authorities, we have achieved a level of competence that can ensure our clients are being properly represented before the various federal and state tax authorities.